Company: AHMC Healthcare
Posted on: March 18, 2020
Primary FunctionUnder the direction of the Director of Internal
Audit, the Internal Auditor performs professional internal auditing
work including planning and executing financial, operational, and
compliance audits or projects. The Internal Auditor identifies and
understands issues or problems, and develops integrated
recommendations or solutions within a broad technical and
organizational context.Nature and Scope (Essential Functions)
- Makes sure that collections efforts are consistent, and
- Reviews reserves for contractual, and appropriate write-offs.
This test must ascertain the collection of out-of-pocket versus
contractualizing the patients liability.
- Reviews the proper authorization for payments on accounts
- Verifies the integrity of materials management system, to
prevent unauthorized, or incomplete supporting documents for
- Reviews the manual checks logs, and procedures to ascertain
unused checks are secured, and all the used ones are authorized
appropriately and accounted for.
- Reviews employees expense reporting for appropriate
authorization, and compliance with AHMC policies.
- Checks the supporting documents for proper CERs, and
- Reviews depreciation schedules for accuracy, and makes sure
that fully depreciated assets are not being depreciated, and life
assets are set appropriately.
- Checks status change forms for accuracy, authorization, and
compliance with pay practices and HR policies.
- Makes sure that biweekly payroll records are reviewed and
evidenced by CFO, or designee to ascertain accuracy.
- Makes sure that Accounting staff are reconciling the payroll
deductions to GL.
- Reviews the accuracy of calculating and extending the year end
physical inventory records, and reconciliation to GL.
- Makes sure that a cycle count is performed on a weekly basis on
- Makes sure that obsolete and slow moving items are properly
documented and not counted as a part of physical inventory
- Makes sure that all the purchases are documented by an
- Ascertains that vendor additions to the materials management
system are pre-authorized by CFO.
- Ascertains that all the journal entries must be reviewed and
signed off by the CFO and Controller.
- Ensures that the month-end financial reports including P&L,
and B/S must be reviewed and signed off and dated by CFO.
- Reviews month-end accruals and prepaids for accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Accountability
- The incumbent ensures compliance with established internal
control procedures by examining records, reports, operating
practices, and documentation.
- The incumbent verifies assets and liabilities by comparing
items to documentation.
- The incumbent completes audit work papers by documenting audit
tests and findings.
- The incumbent communicates audit findings by preparing a final
report; discussing findings with immediate supervisor.
- The incumbent prepares special audit and control reports by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and
- The incumbent is responsible for directing the development and
coordination of specific projects assigned.
- This position is responsible for promoting an environment of
teamwork with all members of the organization.
- The incumbent is responsible for assuring the assigned projects
are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- The incumbent is responsible for coordinating with internal and
external resources to ensure the success of the assigned
- This position is responsible for assuring all stake-holders are
well-informed and have the tools necessary to execute as
- The incumbent is accountable for communicating to the Director
of Internal Audit of any possible issues which may arise in order
to proactively develop an action plan to minimize or eliminate the
- The incumbent is responsible for acting in an ethical manner at
- The incumbent is accountable for maintaining
- The incumbent is responsible for complying with all company
policies and procedures.
- The incumbent is responsible for complying with all local,
state and federal laws.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- A minimum of three years auditing or accounting
- Strong analytical written/verbal communications
- Knowledge of federal, state and local healthcare
- Knowledge of HIPAA and privacy regulations.
- Possess excellent negotiating skills and communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent human relation skills.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to
multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Ability to interpret, prepare, and present reports to
management in both written and oral formats.
- Ability to make presentations, design and provide training
education to staff and management.Corporate
Officereq6535DaysInternal AuditRegular Full-Time
Keywords: AHMC Healthcare, Alhambra , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!