Posted on: January 16, 2022
Network Medical Management (NMM) is a Management Services
Organization (MSO) comprised of healthcare professionals and
financial experts, whose industry expertise enables clients to
attain their financial goals and achieve organizational success.
NMM provides comprehensive administrative support to Independent
Physicians Associations (IPAs) and medical groups, pursuing both
quality patient-care and profitability. As health care industry
continues to evolve, NMM remains at the forefront, anticipating
changes and their impacts to the client. NMM believes in a solid
infrastructure and technology, which ensure the delivery of an
integrated health care system with the highest efficiency and
accuracy. SUMMARY The IPA senior accountant is responsible for
applying generally accepted accounting principles in accordance
with U.S. GAAP, perform procedures to analyze financial
information, prepare accurate and timely financial statements for
clients, and ensure appropriate internal control policies and
procedures are adhered to. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Oversees deposits of cash on time while keeping accurate
- Keeps the manager up to date on all relevant and appropriate
matters as it pertains to his/her position.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and maintains complete records
of these transactions.
- Reconciles bank statements and keeps an accurate running total
of cash on hand.
- Ensures monthly balance sheet account reconciliations are
prepared timely and accurately.
- Monitors timeliness and accuracy of capitation payments
received from payors.
- Ensures all payables are processed accurately and on time.
- Maintains a tracking system of all clients monthly capitation
revenue, shared/full risk revenue and incentive income.
- Prepares and updates monthly IBNR calculation schedules.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial
statements including monthly and quarterly management reports in
accordance to U.S. GAAP.
- Oversees accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of
revenues and expenses and ensure financial records are maintained
in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
close processes making certain all financial reporting deadlines
- Assists in preparation and submission of quarterly and annual
reports as required by Department of Managed Health Cares
- Submits quarterly and annual financial reports to the health
- Manages daily cash flow and determine excess cash for
maximization of return;
- Supports of budget and forecast activities; including fluxes
preparation against actual results.
- Monitors and supports taxation requirements for provision, as
well as complete and issue Form 1099 filings;
- Prepares for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
including working with external auditors and health plans
- Collects / analyzes financial information and develop and
maintain financial databases;
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations and
integrity of financial data;
- Assists with ad-hoc procedures and tasks as requested from
management. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelors Degree in
Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university. Three plus
years progressively responsible experience in accounting Knowledge
and experience in the managed care space is preferred. Experience
working in a public accounting firm is preferred. Strong
quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to interpret
financial data, including financial statements and key ratios. High
proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience involving
extensive work with complex spreadsheets. Team player who doesnt
mind digging into the details. Understanding of US GAAP and
experience researching technical accounting issues. Highly
motivated individual who can work independently. Experience with
SOX 404 is a plus. Knowledge of SAGE 100 accounting software is a
plus. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, correspondence, contracts, and memos. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group
situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with
a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished by written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Keywords: Apollomed, Alhambra , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!