Senior Accountant II *Partially Remote*
Posted on: June 26, 2022
SUMMARYThe Senior II - Accounting is responsible for applying
generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with U.S.
GAAP, perform procedures to analyze financial information, prepare
accurate and timely financial statements for clients, and ensure
appropriate internal control policies and procedures are adhered
to.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees deposits of cash on time while keeping accurate
- Keeps the manager up to date on all relevant and appropriate
matters as it pertains to his/her position.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and maintains complete records
of these transactions.
- Reconciles bank statements and keeps an accurate running total
of cash on hand.
- Ensures monthly balance sheet account reconciliations are
prepared timely and accurately.
- Monitors timeliness and accuracy of capitation payments
received from payors.
- Ensures all payables are processed accurately and on time.
- Maintains a tracking system of all clients' monthly capitation
revenue, shared/full risk revenue and incentive income.
- Prepares and updates monthly IBNR calculation schedules.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial
statements including monthly and quarterly management reports in
accordance to U.S. GAAP.
- Oversees accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of
revenues and expenses and ensure financial records are maintained
in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end
close processes making certain all financial reporting deadlines
- Assists in preparation and submission of quarterly and annual
reports as required by Department of Managed Health Care's
- Submits quarterly and annual financial reports to the health
- Manages daily cash flow and determine excess cash for
maximization of return.
- Supports the budget and forecast activities; including fluxes
preparation against actual results.
- Monitors and supports taxation requirements for provision, as
well as complete and issue Form 1099 filings.
- Prepares for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
including working with external auditors and health plans.
- Collects and analyzes financial information and develop and
maintain financial databases.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations and
integrity of financial data.
- Assists with ad-hoc procedures and tasks as requested from
management.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an
- Three plus years progressively responsible experience in
- Knowledge and experience in the managed care accounting is
- Experience working in a public accounting firm is
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to
interpret financial data, including financial statements and key
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience
involving extensive work with complex spreadsheets
- Team player who doesn't mind digging into the details
- Understanding of US GAAP and experience researching technical
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Experience with SOX 404 is a plus
- Knowledge of SAGE 100 accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL a plus.STATUSExemptPHYSICAL
DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to:
- Reach with hands and arms
- Crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear.ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThe job description does not
constitute an employment agreement between the employer and
employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of
the employer and requirements of the job change.#HPIND
Keywords: ApolloMed, Alhambra , Senior Accountant II *Partially Remote*, Accounting, Auditing , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!