DevOps Automation Lead Engineer [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
DevOps Automation Lead Engineer [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71041785
- Job Family: Information Technology
- Location: Alhambra, CA US
- Salary: 120,800-181,200 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a DevOps Automation Lead
Engineer at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll lead the implementation of DevOps and
test automation capabilities for Grid applications, collaborate
with cross-functional teams and vendors to develop solutions,
maintain the deployed capabilities, and train and guide the team
with streamlined DevOps practices. As a DevOps Automation Lead
Engineer your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Design and deploy DevOps and test automation tools to create
consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of application and
infrastructure within the Grid domain.
- Lead the CI/CD deployment by collaborating with
cross-functional teams including domain architects, Cyber,
Infrastructure and other subject matter experts. Requires coming up
to speed rapidly with the SCE organization and key
- Design comprehensive best practices and setup process standards
for maintenance and operations of the DevOps and test automation
tools and frameworks.
- Maintain the overall CI/CD platform as part of a team that
introduces new technologies and improves existing ones.
- Build and publish communications relating to new technologies
and upcoming releases using various forums and platforms such as
portal, email, OU newsletter and brownbag sessions.
- Train and guide the team with streamlined DevOps and automation
best practices. Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience working with DevOps or test automation
frameworks within large, complex business environments.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in software quality
engineering or quality assurance.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Git, Nexus,
Tosca, SonarQube, etc.
- 3+ years of experience interfacing, collaborating, and
negotiating with team members, all levels of management, different
departments, and vendors to develop solutions, facilitate
cooperation between different parties, and obtain stakeholder
- Ability to analyze complex data and draw accurate and relevant
conclusions. The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
- Experience with deploying CI-CD pipelines within large, complex
- Knowledge on DevOps best practices including source code
control, build and deployment processes.
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity standards and trust zones
to apply within the DevOps platform.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and networking
capabilities to design highly resilient systems.
- Experience with Linux shell or Windows PowerShell scripting.
You should know ---
- This position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report
to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position is Alhambra, CA;
however, the successful candidate may also be asked to telework
- Position will require up to 15% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
- This position requires testing, and applicants who are selected
to continue through the process will be invited to test via email.
Please access ourInformation Guides to reference Edison Individual
Contributor Workstyles Test 8203. Candidates who have previously
passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest
again for this position. About Southern California Edison The
people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much
bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Alhambra , DevOps Automation Lead Engineer [HYBRID], Engineering , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!