Senior Development Manager
Company: New Level Resources
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Senior Development ManagerABOUT USThe Ratkovich Company (TRC) is
a mission-driven real estate development company located in
downtown Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to profitably
produce developments that improve the quality of urban life. Since
its founding, TRC has developed over 18 million square feet of real
estate and we have achieved property valuations of over $2.7
billion since 1999. To learn more about TRC, visit our website at
ABOUT THE ROLEThe Senior Development Manager (SDM) is responsible
for the development, asset, and strategic management of The
Alhambra, an approximately 1,000,000 square foot horizontal office
campus located on 39 acres and consists of 925,000 square feet of
office space, a 50,000 square foot LA Fitness, and an 18,000 square
foot retail center. This position is an in-office position located
in Alhambra, California, which is 6 miles east of downtown Los
Angeles in the San Gabriel Valley. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThe SDM will be directly involved in the
entitlements, leasing, development, and financing of the project.
The SDM will serve as the liaison between The Ratkovich Company and
the project's investors and lender, local government, the
community, and project tenants. The SDM is responsible for all
issues relating to entitlements and matters associated with the
existing and proposed uses on the property. The SDM is also
responsible for project leasing, including term sheet and lease
negotiations and managing the third-party leasing team. In
addition, the SDM is responsible for the financial analyses related
to project-level returns and specific leasing and development
matters, and strategic planning related to increasing investor
returns. The SDM must be familiar with the terms and conditions of
both the debt and joint venture agreements related to the project
and ensure that all obligations are timely met. The SDM will work
closely with property management in connection with day-to-day
property operations, capital improvements, tenant improvements, and
budgeting. The SDM will also work with property management in the
preparation and execution of the annual budget and business plan.
Finally, the SDM will participate in the preparation of all lender
and investor reporting and ensure that reporting is performed
accurately and in accordance with the appropriate timelines. The
SDM will have a variety of responsibilities, which may develop over
time, and may undertake other tasks that are assigned by
management. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS,
SKILLS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICSEducation:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college
- MBA or master's degree with a concentration in Financial
Planning, Financial Analysis, or Project Planning is a
plus.Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of prior development, project, or asset
management or similar experience is required, including at least 5
years of experience leading a team.
- Class-A office (500,000+ square feet) development, project, or
asset management experience is required.
- Complex residential entitlement experience is strongly
- Retail development, project, or asset management experience is
- Acquisitions, financing, and related due diligence experience
is a plus.Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong and positive leadership, motivation, and managerial
skills, which include establishing and maintaining a team-oriented
work environment that encourages innovation and constructive
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, with ability to
express complex ideas effectively and efficiently to target
- Ability to work independently and with minimum oversight.
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple
projects while delivering on a deadline.
- Effective listening and negotiation skills with the ability to
negotiate office and retail leases and complex agreements.
- Office tenant improvement or capital improvement
construction/project management experience is a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and
Word is strongly preferred.
- Prior Yardi and Argus Software experience is a plus. PERKS
- Open door policy with direct access to senior management.
- Independent and entrepreneurial workstyle that allows employees
to heavily impact business.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus commensurate with
experience and education.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and
vision benefits, voluntary insurance program, flexible spending
accounts, and 401k plan. OTHER REQUIREMENTSA physically demanding
job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended
periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do
repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth. The SDM's role will
require walking, talking, standing, reaching, pushing, pulling,
lifting, grasping, hearing, repetitive motions, and visual acuity.
As such requirements are described as Medium Work (exerting up to
50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Occasional weekday and weekend evening for community
- General flexibility with evening, weekends, and holidays when
required. TRC is an equal opportunity employer.PM20
Keywords: New Level Resources, Alhambra , Senior Development Manager, Executive , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!