Nursing Department Manager, RN Labor and Delivery FT Days
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Job Summary:--Manages the delivery of nursing services and safe
patient care within assigned department and across the continuum of
care. Manages the delivery of services that add value and are
integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities
and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic,
business and organizational goals/objectives.--Essential
- Manages on a 24 hour basis the delivery of nursing services and
safe patient care which meet or exceed cost, quality, and clinical
and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service
standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations and
needs in a changing, competitive health care market. --Holds staff
accountable in providing the highest quality of care while in
compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, TJC, federal, state, and
- Works with Nursing Leadership to develop strategic/business
plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care.
--Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical
practices, services and operations by designing and implementing
systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care
within assigned department and across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors department's budgets for the appropriate
use of human and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency of all department staff. Ensures ongoing staff
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures which support the organization's goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met. Develops standards of care and
standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality
- Manages and resolves human resource and risk management
- Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety.
Ensures appropriate patient, employee and department safety
standards and guidelines are implemented consistently in the
delivery of health care and adhere to administrative, legal and
regulatory requirements of governmental and regulatory
- Participates in leadership committees and forums on a Medical
Center, Regional level and/or National level.Basic
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience relevant
to a given position/department required, including three (3) years
of management, supervisory or leadership--experience.Education
- Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor's or Masters
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN and National Health/Nursing Administration Certification or
MSN are required for PICU and NICU Departments for facilities that
are CCS certified or desire CCS certification.License,
- California RN license required by date of hire.
- AHA BLS certificate required.Additional Requirements:
- Leadership Experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente
internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria:
Demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN,
participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs,
National Certification in Specialty, demonstrated completion of RN
Leadership Development Program and/or demonstrated experiential
exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state,
- Demonstrated interpersonal and management skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Previous experience with electronic medical record.
- Master's degree.
- National Certification in specialty.Notes:
- Management position with 24/7 accountability and on-call
requirement (shared among management team)#RNMGRJob Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN Manager
Keywords: Kaiser, Alhambra , Nursing Department Manager, RN Labor and Delivery FT Days, Executive , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...