Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Total Education Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are looking for a Speech Language Pathologist CFY or SLPA in
Pasadena to perform school services at Westmoreland Academy. This
position is full-time at 40 hours per week.
The Institute for the Redesign of Learning (IRL) is a
multi-service, community-based Special Education, mental health,
job development, and training facility for special needs children,
students, and adults. IRL began in 1974 when its founder, Nancy J.
Lavelle, Ph.D., created the Almansor Education Center located in a
church on Almansor Street in Alhambra, California. With a belief
that every student has the ability to "take charge" of their own
learning process, Dr. Lavelle established a unique environment,
individualized curriculum, and created appropriate support and
enrichment services designed to turn student and client learning
failures into learning successes. Now over forty years later, the
Institute for the Redesign of Learning offers six programs designed
to provide a continuum of care for individuals with Special Needs,
ages infants through adults, serving children, students, and
clients throughout the greater Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley
Our Mission: To empower individuals of all abilities to take charge
of their own learning and lives, making it possible for them to be
competent, caring and contributing members of society; and to
provide learning opportunities for families, professionals, and
communities to support those efforts.
Our Speech Language Providers plan, organize and provide itinerant
speech and language pathology services to students to meet the
goals and objectives of each client's Individual Education Plan. At
TES, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve goals
that allow all students to learn and thrive.
You will need the following minimum qualifications to be
- licensed according to state mandates as a Speech-Language
- strong case management
- experience supervising paraprofessionals
- hold appropriate automobile insurance with limits that allow
driving a personal vehicle for work (50/100k liability
- must clear a current background check through the FBI and
- a current TB Test (within the last 6 months)
- proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Preferred qualifications include:
- previous experience working with individuals with special
- 2 years' experience a Speech Language
- bilingual in English & Spanish
As a Speech Provider with TES, you will:
- provide speech services that adhere to the goals and objectives
found in each client's IEP
- administer all necessary evaluations and assessments
- keep accurate records and provide updates regarding
- communicate on-going student/client progress to
parents/guardians, general education teachers, school
administration, district personnel, and other service
- maintain ongoing compliance in accordance with IDEA
(Individuals with Disabilities Education Act)
Total Education Solutions (TES) is a national provider of special
education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter
schools as well as healthcare organizations servicing the United
States, with offices in California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our
professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic
services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and
online. We strongly believe in using an interdisciplinary approach
in training, treatments, and service delivery, encouraging our
providers to work together in creating customized solutions and
achieving client goals.
Our Mission: To empower individuals of all abilities by fostering
opportunities for success through customized, innovative
As part of our team, full-time employees enjoy:
- health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a $25,000 life
and AD&D insurance policies (if eligible).
- up to 2 weeks paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick
- retirement plan and medical and dependent flexible spending
- up to $2,500 in educational assistance.
- access to free employee assistant programs (EAP) 24/7.
- working with a team of dedicated professionals with a desire to
make an impact in the lives of at-risk individuals.
- ongoing professional development and professional growth
opportunities both in-house and up to $300 in CEU
We are looking for individuals that can:
- be proactive and have a solution-oriented approach to
- be an appropriate role model.
- thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- be flexible and embrace change.
- demonstrate emotional maturity and responsibility.
- innovate and act as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- accept and value diversity.
- maintain a professional demeanor, attire, work schedule, and
- ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow through on
all duties and tasks as assigned.
- further, develop professional and technical skills.
Environment & Physical Qualifications: Assigned work environments
vary from site to site and may require services to be provided in a
distance learning / therapy model. The work environment is usually
comprised of several adults and children in a classroom, clinic, or
campus facility with supervisors traveling to multiple
sites/clinics. Due to varied work environments, an employee may
encounter noise levels that are moderate to loud. In addition, the
job functions could include the following physical demands:
significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
- Facebook.com/TESLosAngeles - Instagram.com/TES4KIDS -
Total Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis
of race, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion
practices are performed without regard to the above-listed
Keywords: Total Education Solutions, Alhambra , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!