Physical Therapist - NICU/PEDS - Per Diem
Posted on: August 3, 2022
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on
the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it s just one of the many reasons we ve
achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you ll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America s Best Hospitals! What's this role all
about? As a per diem Physical Therapist at Cedars-Sinai Medical
Center in our NICU/PEDS unit. You will assist evaluating and
treating patients in accordance with the prescription of the
physician. The Physical Therapist NICU Therapist will assists in
the continuous quality improvement process and in the education and
training of students and assists in divisional growth and
cohesiveness to ensure a high quality of therapy care. The
Therapist will assist in delivering patient care consistent with
Scope of Standards and Code of Ethics; the Plan for the Provision
of Care to Patients, the Plan for Corporate Compliance, the
Performance Improvement Plan and Patient Education Plan. Competency
skills include the ability to deliver care maintaining safety of
the environment, applying appropriate communication with
sensitivity and attention to special populations, including patient
with diverse cultural backgrounds, age, developmental issues and
physical disabilities.This position work with our NICU and
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program - Bachelors
- Master's Degree Graduate of an accreditied Physical Therapy
- Doctorate Degree Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy
program- Preferred Licenses & Certification:
- Possess a current and valid Physical Therapist License per
California State requirements
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification from
American Heart Association or American Red Cross. What else are we
- A minimum of 1 year in NICU/PEDS.
- Good knowledge of assessment and intervention in a medical and
physical disabilities setting.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient by virtue of training and/or experience to perform
evaluations, design and implement treatment plans and provide
education in a manner appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Able to push, pull, lift or carry 0-35 pounds on an
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat consistently in order to
safely administer manual exercises and techniques.
- Able to assist patient with physical activities such as
transfers, bed mobility, and ambulation.
Working Title:Physical Therapist - NICU/PEDS - Per Diem
Department:Physical Therapy I/P
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Job Specialty:Physical Therapy
Position Type:Per Diem
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Physical Therapist - NICU/PEDS - Per Diem, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!