Pharmacist - IV Room
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?Cedars-Sinai
Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, quaternary teaching care
hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. We have
grown to become one of the leading medical centers in the
world...through inspired leadership; centers of excellence; cutting
edge evidence-based practice; distinguished physicians;
groundbreaking research and advanced technology.Do you work well in
a large team environment where critical thinking is
essential?Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians are crucial partners
in the care team of every patient at Cedars-Sinai. Our patients
have many different needs, from pain management after surgery, to
coordinating 35 different drugs to prevent organ rejection after
transplantation, to just getting the right prescription after a
routine check-up. In every case, we are committed to ensuring the
safest, most effective medication is given every time. Our
pharmacists & pharmacy technicians are key members of the expert
team of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals who
make Cedars-Sinai known around the world. The Pharmacy Department
consists of more than 430 staff members providing industry-leading,
evidence-based medicine.As a full time 10 hour IV Room Pharmacist
at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for the
daily organization and supervision of all drug distribution
activities, including provision of clinical services, in the
Sterile Products Preparation Area (IV Room).Rotating shifts -
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of
pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification by American Heart AssociationExperience:
- You will have knowledge of medical terminology as related to
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and
- You will have the ability to comprehend patient medical
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and
biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug
products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or
other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to
fulfill the pharmacist's responsibilities.
- Ability to prepare drugs for administration and to give advice
on IV drug stabilities, compatibilities, usage, and
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic
needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information
systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical
calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.Physical Demands:
- Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional
sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds
for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices
including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other
- Able to read information on medication labels. -
Working Title:Pharmacist - IV Room
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Pharmacist - IV Room, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!