Pharmacy Inpatient Manager
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Make a Difference in PharmacyWhen the work you do every single
day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort,
every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of
passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just
one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet
designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of
premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit,
acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located
in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy
has over approximately 430 staff members who provide comprehensive
inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2
cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the
education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents,
technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated
with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency
programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC
continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100
residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program
since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC
annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed "Site of the
Year" awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for
providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for
their students.The Pharmacy Inpatient Manager at Cedars-Sinai
Medical Center has responsibility for a specific area or group of
employees within the pharmacy department, and may have medical
center and/or department specific scope of leadership. Performs job
duties with sensitivity to the patients' diverse cultural
backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to identify
medication safety concerns in the age-related population and
institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment with
consideration to the developmental changes in the patient
population.What's this role all about?
- Oversees clinical pharmacy services in the medical/surgical
units of the medical center.
- Ensures department compliance with state and federal laws,
accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and
licensure requirements. Maintain staff compliance with medical
center policies, procedures and protocols. May conduct tracers to
ensure staff compliance as regulatory issues or risks are
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the unit including unit
budget preparation, labor and supply cost management, and revenue
enhancement. Initiates and implements Medical Center and
departmental resource management initiatives. Ensure wage and
non-wage expenses in areas of responsibility meet the department's
budget goals and also monitors workload and overtime for
area/department. Responsible for initiating and implementing
strategies to reduce drug expenses.
- Assists with development of business and operations plans for
unit and for specific programs and services, including achieving
department goals that are consistent with organizational goals.
Facilitate collaboration and coordination for support of new
concepts to enhance the operational area. Provide feedback on short
and long-range unit plans and programs consistent with departmental
and organizational goals. Identifies opportunities for expanded
clinical services and implements new programs, processes and
- Provides leadership in daily operations. Assists leadership in
assessing and resolving inpatient operational issues and problems.
Functions as a positive, creative and effective leader, actively
participating in departmental performance improvement activities to
ensure self-directed staff, applying all policies fairly and
consistently. Conduct performance improvement studies to evaluate
opportunities to improve clinical and distributive services.
- Ensures area of responsibility maintains customer focus by
serving as a role model for customer relations, providing feedback
and maintaining a positive work climate. Works collaboratively with
nursing and physician leadership to implement department
initiatives to improve the patient's experience.
- Ensures staff schedules and efficient work flow provide for
appropriate coverage of ongoing operations. Support leadership in
assessing pharmacist staffing needs for units of responsibility.
Review staff schedules prior to publishing. Assists Administrator
on Duty (AOD) in schedule coverages.
- Manages assigned staff with responsibility, work with assigned
staff to identify their goals and opportunities for development of
knowledge and skills. Also provide coaching and training to
- Serves as preceptor and teacher for pharmacy students, interns,
residents and technicians when they are on rotation or staffing in
the Hospital or Administration rotations.
- May also perform all functions of a staff pharmacist and will
work as a staff pharmacist in their assigned area as
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent from an accredited
school of pharmacy in the US required
- Completion of PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice
- California Pharmacist License upon hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hireWhat else are we looking for?
- 5 years or equivalent experience in inpatient pharmacy or
pharmacy management required.
- Possesses excellent clinical data base.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication
- Possesses software skills e.g., Microsoft Office.Physical
- Frequent sitting; walking, bending; reaching, occasional
pushing, pulling, lifting of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices
including, telephones, pagers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients, and other
- Able to read information on medication labels.
Working Title:Pharmacy Inpatient Manager
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Pharmacy Inpatient Manager, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!