Registered Nurse II - Oncology Imaging, 8hr Days
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a
world-class Medical Group known for the very highest clinical
standards? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and
patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic
opportunity available with one of the best places to work in
Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you!
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary
care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their
patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and
specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between
them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are
partners in quality health care from a medical center that is
consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the
country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of
the top 20 Physician Groups in Southern California by Integrated
Healthcare Associates (IHA).
A Clinical Nurse III (CN III), is a proficient and experienced
clinician who provides nursing efficiently and effectively using a
high level of technical and organizational skills as well as
critical thinking ability. A CN III possesses an in depth knowledge
in all aspects of care for a specific unit patient population and
consistently applies specialized knowledge and skills in the
management of care for individual or groups of patients and their
families. A CN III is regarded as a resource for staff on patient
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides and accurately documents nursing process components
and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient care
services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and
protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides experienced care and patient education on disease
prevention and restorative measures.
- Provides direct and indirect comprehensive care services to
complex patients, including, but not limited to, the administration
of medications and therapeutic agents vital to implement treatment,
disease prevention, or rehabilitative care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes, evaluates and expeditiously alters care based on
signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments,
general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates advanced assessment skills, integrating
appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions,
behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus
- Plans and implements individualized patient care in
collaboration with interdisciplinary teams based on observations.
Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance
with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with
diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient's readiness for
learning and ability to follow directions/instructions and give
- Makes special adjustments to patient care to the specific
populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age,
psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic,
education, family and condition needs.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to
age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe
environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for
- Leads and/or actively participates and supports one or more of
the following activities areas: Shared Governance-Chair, MD/RN
Collaborative-Chair, Preceptor, Mentor, TCAB, Committee, Project,
participation in community service activities or other
- When assigned charge nurse responsibility, coordinates unit
activity throughout the shift, including the authorization of
incidental overtime, initiates chain of command as
- Participates in at least 50% of unit meetings and provides
constructive input to assist in unit direction.
- Functions as a change champion and agent and participates in
departmental quality improvement activities.
- Assoc. Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Valied CA RN license required
- BLS certification required
- OCN certification required upon hire
3 years Nursing experience in a specialty area required
Working Title:Registered Nurse II - Oncology Imaging, 8hr Days
Department:Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse II - Oncology Imaging, 8hr Days, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!