Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric ICU
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons
we've achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Over 400 infants, children and adolescents come to the Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at -Cedars-Sinai -every year. Some are
recovering from major surgery of the heart, brain or spine. Others
require therapy for serious illnesses, such as asthma, respiratory
failure, shock, cancer or trauma. Under the leadership of Stephen
Robert, MD, every child and family receive state of the art medical
care combined with attention to their unique psychosocial
As a -PICU Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible and
accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision
of clinical practices, research involvement, consultative services,
inter and intra-departmental liaison, education, leadership and
patient care management across the health care continuum from
preventative, acute care through discharge.
- Incorporate both independent decision making abilities and
collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to
deliver expert care to the patients.
- Responsible to the medical director of the PICU -and the chief
nursing officer (CNO) and functions as an integral part of the
- Provide individualized care upholding CSHS philosophies
including but not limited to care consistent with Nursing Standards
of Care/Practice, the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, the Plan
for Provision of Patient Care, the Performance Improvement Plan,
the Patient Education Plan, the Professional Organization
Standards, Code of Conduct, and hospital and departmental policies
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver care to special patient
population and those with diverse cultural background.
- Perform all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age
and developmental achievements of the population(s) served which
may include neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
- Identify the ability of the age specific population served to
follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- Identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver safe
environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and
evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental
achievements in the population served.
The PICU NP will work closely with Pediatric Intensivists and
Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons to provide evidence-based care to our
Congenital Heart patients.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program approved
by the California Board of Registered.
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse
Practitioner License and Furnishing
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a
- BLS from American Heart Association or American Red
- PALS from American Heart Association
- DEA License required or eligible to obtain
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a staff nurse
- Experience in Pediatric Cardiac ICU or Pediatric Cardiology
- 1+ years Pediatric Acute Care -NP experience strongly preferred
Working Title:Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric ICU
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Advanced Practice (RN)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric ICU, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!