Registered Nurse Navigator - Thoracic Oncology - 8-Hour Day Shift
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and
patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical
competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence
in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to
hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity
with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in
California as your next career move.
Cedars-Sinai gathers leading cancer doctors, surgeons, researchers,
nurses and staff from around the world to work together for our
patients' benefit. We are committed to treating our patients with
the most intuitive and comfortable treatments. Our oncologists and
surgeons treat more than 60 types of cancer, from common to rare
and complex. They work as a team to provide patients with access to
the latest therapies and treatments.
As a Nurse Navigator, you will be responsible for the coordination
of care for patients throughout the continuum of treatment; from
initial referral to follow-up care, serving as a consistent
contact, or point person for the high-risk patient. You can look
forward to collaborating and operating as a member of the
interdisciplinary team, as well as acting as a patient advocate
throughout the patient care process.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Collaborates with the oncology care teams who follow patients
throughout their continuum of care.
- Calls new patients in advance of their consult, sees patient
during consult, ensures referrals are done (i.e. radiation,
nutrition, social work); sees patient on first day of their chemo
and calls patient 24-48 hours after their first chemotherapy
- Ensures managed care referrals are processed, per NCQA
Guidelines, and appropriately documented in Tapestry.
- Works collaboratively with Oncology Patient and Family Support
Program team re: transitions of care, which are accurately and
- Hand-Offs to assigned ISP/ACM CM and oncology services, when
patients are admitted to CSMC.
- RN Navigators will contact the patients telephonically, within
48 hours, post-discharge.
- Will meet with patients as necessary, to enhance rapport when
additional support is required, or as appropriate.
- Monitors the hospitalizations/ED/Urgent Care visits of patients
and maintains appropriate logs.
- Coordinate referrals and secure appointment with various CSMNS
Disease Management programs such as Anticoagulation Clinic, Asthma,
Diabetes, Hepatitis C, Smoking Cessation, Cardiovascular Risk, as
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive
diagnostic/treatment plan related to the patient's needs, through
interdisciplinary input and weekly meetings.
- Arranges for clinical services, evaluates clinical data,
participates in clinical/ patient rounds, and triages clinical
questions/ concerns to the appropriate resource.
- Tracks number of referrals and transports, measures
- Establishes, coordinates and continuously evaluates supportive
care plan with goals and interventions based upon treatment and
individual patient/caregiver needs, preferences, beliefs and
- BSN (Bachelor of Science, Nursing) required
- MSN (Master's Degree in Nursing) preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN License required
- ONS Chemo/Bio Certification preferred
- Oncology Certified Nurse certification from ONS required or
willing to obtain within one year from start date
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- A minimum of 3 years of Oncology nursing experience in an acute
care setting required
- Experience with hospice, palliative care or long-term illness
- Case Management experience is beneficial
- Experience with program development preferred
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Oncology, Cancer, Chemotherapy,
Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA,
Working Title:Registered Nurse Navigator - Thoracic Oncology -
8-Hour Day Shift
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Job Category:,Clinical Operations,Clinical Operations
Job Specialty:Clinical Operations
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse Navigator - Thoracic Oncology - 8-Hour Day Shift, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!