Posted on: January 15, 2023
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it s just one of the many reason ns we ve
achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of excellent healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you ll have
everything needed to do something incredible for yourself, and for
others. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us
one of America s Best Hospitals.
Highly-trained surgeons perform approximately 32,000 surgeries in
51 operating rooms at Cedars-Sinai each year. Beyond surgical
excellence, Operating Room services (O.R.) enjoys a national
reputation for superb clinical care and superior outcomes where
surgical teams integrate cutting edge technology with new
O.R. has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse who will
assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the
nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the O.R.
- You provide and document direct and indirect patient care
services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and
protection of patients.
- You provide patient education on disease prevention and
- You provide administration of medications and therapeutic
agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- You perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- You observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions
to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general
physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal
characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when
- You plan and implement care based on observations, implementing
appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with
standardized procedures while providing care to special patient
populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability
to follow directions/instructions and give consent while
identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to
age and developmental considerations.
- You intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates
effectiveness of intervention for patients.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our
website for details:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
- National Specialty Certification required. (External applicants
must obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years acute RN experience in Operating Room with
cardiac open-heart cases. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN
experience will be considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates dedicated compassionate customer service and an
ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse
- Phenomenal communication skills (verbal and written) of the
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Cardiac
Open-Heart - 12-Hour Full Time Evenings 10:30am-11:00pm- $10,000
Department: Main OR Operation
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Evening
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!