High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The High Risk OB Clinic LVN, under the direct supervision of the CN
IV (nurse supervisor), is responsible for identifying the needs of
each patient and assisting in the planning and delivering of
patient care to meet those needs in our very busy ambulatory clinic
setting. The LVN, after appropriate educational preparation, is
capable of an expanded scope of practice in the area of nursing
process and intravenous therapy. The LVN completes patient intakes,
phlebotomy and preparation for send-out to specialty laboratories,
does point of care urinalysis, ensures pre-procedural labs are
completed, assists in MFM procedures (CVS and Amnio) in the
Prenatal Diagnosis Center, orders clinic supplies, ensures proper
room turnover in keeping with high cleaning standards, and other
clinic-based assignments as needed. The LVN works with a team
including LVNs, RNs, ultrasound techs, 10 physicians, genetic
counselors, a clinical diabetes educator RN, and administrative
staff members. The team is collaborative and the right candidate
must be a team player with the willingness and eagerness to
multitask and have a sunny disposition to provide excellent care
and give a high quality patient experience. Willingness to learn to
prep patient's for non-stress testing (belt the patient) to provide
back-up to the RN within the LVN scope of practice. This position
requires earlier or later starts on a rotational basis to cover the
closing shift (more details upon interview). Weekly hours may vary
between 36 hours - 40 hours or more depending upon patient volume.
Performs other duties as required.
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a
difference in people s lives?
At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare
professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities
to do something incredible for yourself and for others. The LVN
supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health
care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of
medically related tasks. The LVN is a licensed nurse who works in
an ambulatory care setting to perform and provide nursing
- Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
- Manage patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the
- Prepares patients for provider by reviewing current medications
and record in medical record.
- Takes appropriate vital signs and record in medical
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on
patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as
directed by provider.
- Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as
defined by provider.
- Follow-up on scheduling needs and answers patient calls in a
- Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate
sections of medical record and assures that all pertinent items are
available to provider before patient care commences.
- Ability to understand and assist providers with clinical
- Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions
with provider input.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate
- Provide orientation and training for new clinical staff and
recommends areas for improvement.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, facilities, and
- Counsel and provide corrective actions as needed with input
from Lead Nurse.
- Provide assistance in QA/QC measures for suites.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or above
Valid California Vocational Nurse License required. Current basic
life support (BLS).
Experience in an outpatient or inpatient clinical care environment
preferred. Must be skilled in phlebotomy (as this clinic does lots
of blood draws) Must be detail-oriented, a team player and have the
ability to multi-task. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
and customer service skills. Must be computer literate and able to
learn how to navigate and document in an electronic health record
Walking, standing, bending, lifting (up to 40 lbs. safely),
pushing, pulling. Must observe universal precautions and have
working knowledge of blood borne pathogens. Must be able to perform
Working Title: High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days
Department: Prenatal Diagnosis Ctr
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!