Transfer Center Registered Nurse
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Make a Difference Every Single DayWhen the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai and, it's
just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive
Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team
of world-class healthcare professionals to using innovative
facilities, you'll have everything needed to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others! Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!The Capacity Command Center (CCC) is a 24/7
multi-disciplinary, data-driven enterprise that carefully assesses
health system operations to optimize the alignment of care teams
and the coordination of patient activities. Our CCC staff manages
the flow of patients and their continuum of care, from the time of
admission to discharge, all from one place.Working in close
collaboration with a diverse and high functioning team, the
Transfer Center Nurse is a central contact for all incoming patient
transfer requests to Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- You will be responsible for the coordination of all Transfer
Center functions, including preadmission/admission screening,
acquiring financial and medical clearance and working
collaboratively with the sending facility representatives for safe
and efficient transfers.
- You will use expert clinical skills to evaluate critical and
non critical transfer requests.
- You will also use case management and utilization management
skills to determine appropriateness of direct admits and incoming
transfers as well expedite the transfer of our psychiatric patient
population to inpatient Psychiatric Facilities. -
Qualifications - ExternalEducational Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support certification required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- ANCC or National Nursing Specialty Certification
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty.
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care
- Utilization Management, Case Management, Discharge Planning,
and/or Admission experience preferred.
- Clinical knowledge sufficient to triage and assess critical and
non critical transfers requests and transportation needs.
- Basic knowledge of Healthcare law and finance: EMTALA
- Demonstrated professional leadership skills that include
problem resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical and critical thinking
principles, treatment, and evaluation of patients and
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and remain
Working Title: Transfer Center Registered Nurse
Department: Capacity Command Center
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Transfer Center Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!