Registered Nurse - Alternative Care Unit (ACU) - 12hr Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Make a difference every single dayWhen the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's
just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive
Magnet designation for nursing excellence From working with a team
of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!The Alternative Care Unit (ACU) is a 23-bed medical and
surgical overflow unit specializing in the care and treatment of
adult patients who require hospitalization for general medical,
surgical and other procedures as needed. Nurses working on one of
these fast-paced units require excellent partnership and a
commitment to excellence every single day. Additional units are
available for patient care when needed.As a Registered Nurse for
the ACU, you are responsible and accountable for the application of
the nursing process and the delivery of patient care for the
specialty patient population.
- You will provide administration of medications and therapeutic
agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- You will provide patient education on disease prevention and
- You will provide and accurately document direct and indirect
patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal
hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner
- You will perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and
initiate peripheral venous access.
- You will observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness,
reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, or general
physical condition to determine normal versus abnormal
characteristics and initiate emergency procedures when
- You will plan and implement individualized patient care based
on observations. This will include appropriate reporting,
referrals, and care in accordance with standardized procedures
while providing care to special patient populations and patients
with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify patients' readiness for learning and their
ability to follow directions/instructions and give consent while
identifying and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to
age and developmental considerations.
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify
and make special adjustments as required to needs of the specific
populations. This will include cultural, spiritual, age,
psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic,
education, family, and condition needs.
- You will intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluate
the effectiveness of interventions for patients.This position is
eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support (BLS) certification.
- For RN III: Specialty certification (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)Experience:
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note:
(minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to
meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Alternative Care Unit (ACU) -
12hr Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: 3SPT Transitional Care
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse - Alternative Care Unit (ACU) - 12hr Days - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!