Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons
we've achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence! From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai's Preoperative (PreOp) and Post Anesthesia care units
(PACU) total over 100 bays within the main medical center and
Advanced Health Science Pavilion. Our perianesthesia nurses are
highly skilled critical care professionals who care for patients as
they are undergoing or regaining consciousness from anesthesia.
They continuously monitor and record patients' vital signs, monitor
for side effects and adverse reactions related to anesthesia and
are prepared to handle emergency situations if needed to ensure
As a Registered Nurse in PreOp PACU you will assume responsibility
and accountability for the application of the nursing process and
the delivery of patient care within this specialty patient
population. You will also
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association ACLS and PALS
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (i.e. CPAN) (external
applicants may obtain within one year of hire).
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty - PACU
or ICU. (Note: one (1) year experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II).
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care
This full-time position under a 12-hour shift schedule will have a
flex start time, start time will vary between 6am, 8am and 9am.
Working Title: Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full
Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: PACU PreOp
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$56.14 - $89.82
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!