Medical Assistant - Neurology - 10 Hours
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in
California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World
Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of
the Year which is an award that recognizes hospitals and health
systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee
engagement. We also have a great benefits package and competitive
compensation which explains why U.S. News & World Report has named
us one of America's Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental
insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best
employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and
ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our
dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels
A Little More About What You Will be Doing
The Medical Assistant provides clinical and administrative support
to nurses, physicians and allied health professionals (Clinicians)
working in the hospital licensed clinics. Medical Assistants may
also perform non-invasive routine technical services under the
supervision of a licensed physician, surgeon or podiatrist who is
on the premises. The Medical Assistant functions within their scope
of education/ certification not to exceed what is permitted by
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center policies, procedures and guidelines.
Flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple specialty clinics is
- Collects patient history and documents in EMR appropriately.
Acquires all results (films, test) prior to patient visit.
- Maintains timely patient flow and room availability. Assists
patients with the completion of forms, as needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities such as taking vital signs,
collecting lab specimens, performing EKG's, administering
medications and injections (as directed by clinician), and records
/ documents patient record.
- Participates in the patient check out process: facilitating
follow-up tests, and referrals and may participate in acquiring
prior authorizations to allow for timely scheduling of follow-up
appointments to other providers. Maintains referral system and
ensures accurate and timely follow through with all referrals
- Prepares, cleans exam / procedure room and setup appropriate
supplies. Ensures equipment, forms and educational materials are
available and ready for use during visit / procedure. Maintains and
monitors all equipment used for patient care and testing and
reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Collects and prepares specimens and transports to lab. Follows
hospital policy for specimen labeling and logging.
- Performs unit office procedures including all general
administrative duties as required (i.e. scanning, filing, faxing,
phones, courier duties, etc.).
- Acts as a transporter for stable, non-acute patients for
testing or treatment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program
- 1 year Medical Assistant, medical office, ambulatory care
facility or medical group practice required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or
American Red Cross required
- Medical Assistant certification and/or diploma
- California Certified Phlebotomy License preferred
Working Title: Medical Assistant - Neurology - 10 Hours
Department: Neurology Clinics
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 10 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$20.42 - $30.63
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Medical Assistant - Neurology - 10 Hours, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!