Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Cedars-Sinai Health System, set in the heart of Los Angeles, is
seeking a talented Nurse Practitioner -to join our robust,
interdisciplinary palliative care program. Our team consists of
physicians, nurse practitioners, palliative care social workers,
pharmacists and chaplains.
With an 886-bed acute inpatient facility, including a 120-bed ICU
tower and over 50,000 admissions annually, Cedars-Sinai Medical
Center is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in
the country. The Health System is home to the leading heart
transplant center in the nation and is one of the largest providers
of oncologic care in the state of California.
The Palliative Care Medicine team is fully integrated into our
diverse academic and community environment and works closely with a
robust medical staff that includes full-time faculty, private
community physicians, and hospitalists. The team oversees a busy
inpatient consult service, an inpatient hospice program and
performs outpatient consults in the clinic setting, and in a number
of local skilled nursing facilities. We are looking for Nurse
Practitioner candidates to join our inpatient & outpatient
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience or
more in direct Palliative Care and be skilled in the following
- Symptom Management
- Performing goals of care discussions with patients and/or
- Advance care planning
- Pain Management/Relief
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the
Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the
State of California required.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certificate required or
eligible to obtain
- Furnishing number issued by BRN required.
- ACLS certificate from the American Heart Association or
American Red Cross required.
- Palliative Care certification required or obtain within 1 year
- Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience (including acute
- Two (2) years minimum direct experience in Palliative Care
Working Title: Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care
Department: Care Transitions
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$131,500.00 - $210,200.00
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!