Registered Nurse - Per Diem Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - 12 hour Nights
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons
we've achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals! Are you ready to bring
your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as
top ten in the country? Would you like to make a difference in the
lives of families every single day? Then please respond to this
dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work
in California! We would be happy to hear from you.
Our world-class, 45-bed, Level IV, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU) admits nearly 700 infants per year, dedicated to delivering
the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy
neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation
or intensive care. We are one of the largest in Southern California
and unmatched in the United States for its state-of-the-art design
Summary of Essential Duties:
- As a Registered Nurse, you will establish a plan of care, set
goals, determine priorities, and provide care within established
standards of practice.
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and
- Administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary
to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate
data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors,
or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency
procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with
diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient's readiness for
learning and ability to understand directions/instructions and give
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special
adjustments as required to the specific populations needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
Per Diem staff must consistently meet the following work
- A minimum of 2 days per pay period is required.
- Be available to work the number of hours or shifts agreed upon
with the Executive Director / Associate Director /
- When agreed upon shifts are self-canceled, the work commitment
must be met by working another day(s) in the pay period.
- Work a minimum of three (3) weekend shifts per 6 week schedule
(exception: Ambulatory / Outpatient Clinics).
- Per Diem staff working 144 or more hours per time schedule will
work a minimum of four (4) weekend shifts per schedule.
- If Per Diem staff fails to meet their weekend commitment, a
letter of "self-termination" by failing to meet the time commitment
will be sent.
- Be available to work two (2) of the six national holidays one
must include Christmas or New Year's.
- The holiday commitments will include the holiday eves as the
- Be available to rotate shifts as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS and NRP
- Minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience in Neonatal Intensive
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Per Diem Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit (NICU) - 12 hour Nights
Department: Neonatal Care I
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$68.00 - $68.00
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse - Per Diem Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - 12 hour Nights, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!