Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Make a difference every single day When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai,
and its just one of the many reasons weve achieved our
fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence! From
working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using
state-of-the-art facilities, youll have everything you need to do
something incrediblefor yourself, and for others. Join us, and
discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of Americas
Best Hospitals! Cedars-Sinai's Preoperative (PreOp) and Post
Anesthesia care units (PACU) total over 100 bays within the main
medical center and Advanced Health Science Pavilion. Our
perianesthesia nurses are highly skilled critical care
professionals who care for patients as they are undergoing or
regaining consciousness from anesthesia. They continuously monitor
and record patients' vital signs, monitor for side effects and
adverse reactions related to anesthesia and are prepared to handle
emergency situations if needed to ensure patients' safety. As a
Registered Nurse in PreOp PACU you will assume responsibility and
accountability for the application of the nursing process and the
delivery of patient care within this specialty patient population.
You will also
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
preferred. License/Certification/Registration Requirements:
- Current California State RN License required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association ACLS and PALS
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (i.e. CPAN) (external
applicants may obtain within one year of hire). Experience:
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty - PACU
or ICU. (Note: one (1) year experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II).
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
This full-time position under a 12-hour shift schedule will have a
flex start time, start time will vary between 6am, 8am and 9am.
Working Title: Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full
Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: PACU PreOp
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $56.14 - $89.82
Keywords: Cedars-sinai, Alhambra , Registered Nurse III - PACU PreOp - 12 Hour Full Time Day - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!