Registered Nurse, RN
Posted on: November 14, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The professional registered nurse Outpatient
RN CAP 2 may be an entry level designation into the Clinical
Advancement Program (CAP) for new employees who meet the RN CAP 2
criteria or attained through advancement from RN CAP 1. This
position is accountable and responsible for the provision and
coordination of clinically competent care including assessment
planning intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of
patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks to
direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs LVN/LPNs
and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the End Stage Kidney
Disease (ESKD) health care team this position participates in
decision-making teaching leadership functions and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and
facility operations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All
duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards
of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Clinical Educator Preceptor
or in collaboration with other Registered Nurses.
- Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned
patients and documents in the patient medical record makes
adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as indicated and
notifies Team Leader Charge Nurse Supervisor or Physician as
- Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Directs and provides in collaboration with direct and ancillary
patient care staff all aspects of the daily provision of safe and
effective delivery of hemodialysis therapy to assigned
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource leader coach mentor and role model for new
and incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate behavior
work habits and attitudes towards patients co-workers supervisors
and the company at the facility and area level. -
- Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Participates in education and quality improvement projects at
the facility and area level as directed by Supervisor.
- May serve as a Preceptor to new employees.
- Required to complete CAP requirements to maintain or
- Performs all other duties as assigned by SupervisorPHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. - Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move with
assistance machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Day to day work includes desk work computer work and
interaction with patients facility/hospital staff and
- The position may require travel to training sites or other
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.SUPERVISION:
- Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians//LVN/LPNs/RNs as
a Team Leader or designated Nurse in Charge after meeting all the
- -Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
- -Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic/acute
hemodialysis as a RN. EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with minimum of 2 years of Nephrology
Nursing experience EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws."The
rate of pay for this position will depend on the successful
candidate's work location and qualifications, including relevant
education, work experience, skills, and competencies.
Hourly Rate: - $34.00 - $57.00"
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Alhambra , Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!