Geriatric Emergency Nurse Expert
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons
we've achieved our sixth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence! From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai's ED, with 60 patient beds, is a Level I Trauma
Center, Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, Level III Geriatric Care
ED, STEMI Receiving Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center and
Paramedic Base Station. The ED is open 24 hours a day, seven days a
week available to all people in need. Learn more about
Cedars-Sinai's ED at: https://bit.ly/3y1xovO
As a GENE in the ED, you will act in a dual consultant and
coordinator role, performing assessments and screening, advising on
care and discharge planning, and coordinating follow up for
identified patients 65 and older.
- You will perform physical and/or psycho-social assessments
using various geriatric screening tools to assess patients for
admission or safe discharge home.
- You will collaborate with various disciplines including
physicians, case managers, social workers, pharmacists, physical
therapists, and others to help determine appropriate
- You will coordinate safe discharge to home and facilitate
linkages to necessary outpatient resources.
- You will evaluate patient, caregiver and family members'
learning needs, and in turn, deliver education and provide
resources as needed.
- You will support the multidisciplinary team in decision-making
by acting as a geriatric content expert.
- You will participate and/or lead quality improvement
initiatives related to geriatric care in the ED.
- You will collect and enter data as needed for operational and
study related requirements.
- You will participate in research activities within the ED
and/or the hospital.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our
website for details:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN required; MSN
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS)
- National specialty certification required (external applicants
may obtain within one year of hire)
- Geriatric Emergency Nurse Education (GENE) or Nurses Improving
Care for Health System Elders (NICHE) certification required within
six months of hire.
- Minimum 3 years recent acute emergency RN experience
- Experience with program development and implementation of
navigator programs preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards of practice.
- Highly organized, motivated and the ability to work
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Working Title: Geriatric Emergency Nurse Expert (GENE) - Emergency
Department - 8-Hour Evenings - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: Emergency Rm Nursing
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Evening
Base Pay:$56.14 - $89.82
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Geriatric Emergency Nurse Expert , Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!