Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Make a difference every single day
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've
achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others! Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
4South is our 63-bed, Oncology/Cellular Therapy/Hospice unit
providing quality care to patients with medical diagnoses such as
pneumonia, rule out tuberculosis, sepsis, sickle cell anemia,
cancer and palliative care. Patient care needs are identified
through interdisciplinary assessments, team care planning, and a
patient classification system. A multi-disciplinary approach is
used throughout the continuum of service with a special focus on
pain management, medications, self-care, nutrition, and education.
The team also provides special procedures including chemotherapy
administration and monitoring, pain management, metabolic support,
patient and caregiver education and support and, palliative care.
We also provide quality care to patients undergoing chemotherapy,
surgery, and radiation and for patients with leukemia, lymphoma,
and multiple myeloma stem cell/bone marrow transplantation (BMT).
We also have medical and telemetry patients and nurses are trained
for various research protocols as they administer the medication
for the research study.
As a Registered Nurse on 4South, you are responsible and
accountable for the application of the nursing process and the
delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Program bonus.
See website for details:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support certification.
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy certification preferred.
Must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note:
(minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to
meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse
Working Title: Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights -
$10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: 4SE Oncology
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$49.04 - $78.46
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!