Posted on: November 18, 2023
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the
lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication
pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it s just one of the many reasons
we ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you ll have
everything you need to do something incredible for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America s Best Hospitals!
Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) is a 12-bed unit caring for over
400 infants, children and adolescents per year who are recovering
from major surgeries or requiring therapy for serious illnesses.
Our highly skilled and compassionate multidisciplinary team provide
the latest diagnostic procedures and treatments available. The PICU
serves as the core for designating Cedars-Sinai as Pediatric
Critical Care Center.
As a Registered Nurse in the PICU you are responsible and
accountable for the application of the nursing process and the
delivery of patient care for the specialty patient population. You
- Provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- Provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- Provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- Perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- Plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- Identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- Demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in PICU or Cardiac
ICU. Note: (minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be
considered for Registered Nurse II)
- Acute PICU cardiac experience is a plus!
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer service and ability to meet
the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
(PICU) - 12 hour Part Time Nights or Days/Nights Rotating - $6,000
Department: Pediatric Intensive Care
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Part-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$56.14 - $89.82
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!