Senior System Engineer, EMS/SCADA Technical Lead
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: August 31, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Senior
System Engineer, EMS/SCADA Technical Lead at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you'll be
- Hands-on technical leadership, projects (50%)
- Hands-on technical, operational maintenance & support (50%) As
a Senior System Engineer, Technical lead, your work will help power
our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for
everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build
the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work hard
and shine bright!
- For Projects:
- Working with the business clients to understand their
requirements and ongoing strategy in order to provide or develop
technical solutions for meeting their short-term and long-term
- Provide technical thought leadership for highly complex
projects as needed. Leads architecture, design and implementation
efforts including hands-on software development. Works with
application vendors and manages all escalated design and
implementation issues to proper closure.
- Foster technical innovation within the team and leads by
example when developing solutions. Representing SCE to the vendor
and communicate learned best practices, vendor product roadmap, and
communicate SCE business vision to vendors for future product
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and training to other senior
technical team members. Through breadth and depth of advanced
technical knowledge, provides application and system subject matter
expertise for the EMS and related systems.
- Provide consultation to peers, PSC Management team, IT support
teams, IT leadership, and SCE executives regarding short-term and
long-term system goals and technology roadmap.
- Work with vendors and senior leadership directly as well as
engineers, IT specialists, architects, and analysts from various
disciplines to achieve desired business outcomes.
- For Operational Maintenance and Support:
- Providing technical leadership in day-to-day technical
activities to support the mission-critical Energy Management System
(EMS) as well as related transmission and SCADA applications.
- Driving resolution to the most technical and complex problems
occurring within the supported systems.
- Leading activities involving clients, IT teams, and vendors in
the day-to-day operations and maintenance of our systems (including
after-hours tier 3 support) and critical project efforts.
- Ensuring maintenance and support activities are in compliance
with IT processes and adhere to our Service Level Agreements
- Identify and implement actions plans to prevent future system
- Perform complex analysis, consulting, and providing
recommendations to address complex technical issues as they relate
to the operation and control of an electric utility as well as lead
the implementation and deployment of replacement, upgrade, or
enhanced versions of the applications and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science/technology, or
- Five (5) years of experience with architecting/designing
technology solutions for mission critical systems.
- Ten (10) years of experience with software development with C,
C++, .NET, or Java.
- Technical knowledge of Transmission and Distribution networks,
SCADA and control systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex system
- Leadership experience working with cross-functional teams,
clients and vendors.
- Systems integration experience with large complex business
environments. The preferred
- Strong Linux scripting language skills, including shell
scripting, Perl, sed, and awk.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS tools, including filesystem
manipulation, subsystem configuration (i.e. NTP, NAS), and
- Working knowledge of databases (i.e. Oracle), and SQL.
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity standards and trust zones
to implement a defense in depth application security.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and networking
capabilities to design resilient systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting message transactions spanning
multiple applications. You should know---
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties. About Southern California Edison The people
at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much
bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Alhambra , Senior System Engineer, EMS/SCADA Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!