Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome a SCADA
Developer at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. You will provide technical domain expertise on day-to-day
activities to support the critical Energy Management System (EMS)
as well as related transmission applications and control systems.
We will need your expertise for SCADA related project work, as
needed. You will be driving resolution to highly technical and
sophisticated problems occurring within the supported systems.You
will also collaborate with the business clients and other IT teams
to provide technical solutions for meeting short-term and long-term
business goals; Ensuring maintenance and support activities are in
compliance with IT processes and adhere to our SLAs. Leading
activities involving clients, IT teams, and vendors in the
day-to-day operations and maintenance of our systems - including
after-hours and tier-2/3 support.As a Developer, your work will
help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner
air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Maintenance - Supports maintenance team in developing, testing,
deploying, maintaining, and enhancing the Transmission control
systems such as Energy management system (EMS).
- Responsible to provide operational support (tier 2/3) involving
sophisticated, technical issues to ensure timely resolution.
Provide technical guidance to members of the tier 1 and 2 support
teams. Suggests actions to prevent future system issues utilizing
ITIL Problem management such as RCA.
- The position will perform complex analysis, consulting, and
providing recommendations to address technical issues as they
relate to the operation and control of an electric utility as well
as own the implementation and deployment of replacement, upgrade,
or enhanced versions of the applications and platforms.
- Perform detailed planning and coordination with multiple IT
teams, multiple business units (to facilitate planned outages), and
vendors or contractors. Provides vendors with technical
requirements based on the business requirement captured from the
clients. Leading the technical team to ensure all business
requirements are met.
- Provides hands-on effort in design and implementation including
software code development & testing. Works with application vendors
and manages design and implementation issues to accurate
- Fosters technical innovation within the team and leads by
example when developing solutions. Collaborate with vendor for
product road mapping and aligning SCE business vision with vendor
- This position is also encouraged to provide mentoring,
guidance, and training to other technical team members. Through
breadth and depth of technical knowledge, provides application and
system subject matter expertise for the EMS and related
- Provide technical leadership among peers, IT support teams, IT
leadership, and SCE executives for short-term and long-term system
goals and technology roadmap.
- Client Facing - Representing maintenance team and PSC to the
client facing meetings and their business planning and strategy
discussions. Build client relationships by understanding their
business needs in order to meet their short term and long-term
business strategy and manage their expectations.QualificationsThe
- Experience leading and overseeing complex, system-wide
deployments and changes to Enterprise Integration Platforms.
- Seven years of experience in technical development of IT
- Experience in Software Development lifecycle of IT applications
including troubleshooting and resolving critical system technical
- Seven years of software development experience (C/C++, .NET, or
Java) of critical system components and add-ons.
- Five years of technical leadership experience working with
cross-functional teams, clients, and/or vendors.The Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science/technology or other
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity standards and trust zones
to implement a defense in depth application security.
- Software testing experience.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and networking
capabilities to design resilient systems.
- Understanding of Utility standards such as Common Information
Model (CIM) and Multispeak.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Knowledge on standard methodologies on version control, build
and deployment processes, including DevOps.
- Experience in fixing message transactions spanning multiple
applications across different security trust zones.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and engineering knowledge of
Transmission and Distribution networks and control systems is a
- Strong coordination and communication skills to support working
with multi-functional teams and vendors to achieve success in
planned maintenance activities.You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
- Relocation may apply.About Southern California EdisonThe people
at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much
bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status.We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Alhambra , SCADA Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!