Technical Planning Sr Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Technical Planning Sr Specialist [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing
Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share
to Email App
- Job ID: 71041951
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Alhambra, CA US
- Salary: 96,100-144,100 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Technical Planning Sr
Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll support the regulatory requirements
of Southern California Edison's (SCE's) electrical distribution
system by developing and designing plans, identifying necessary
resources and providing cost estimates and options for the
construction of distribution facilities. This position interacts
with a diverse customer base on meeting electrical design needs and
is responsible for providing successful outcomes for the customer
and SCE on assigned or requested projects. As a Technical Planning
Sr Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinate activities with other internal personnel and/or
organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate follow-through
of policies, procedures, rules, rates, and completion dates
applicable to his/her assigned projects.
- Manage work orders through the entire process and taking
accountability for customer satisfaction.
- Identifies requirements for permits and easements, identifying
environmental requirements and coordinating required project
components with other departments, customers, governmental bodies,
and various external sources.
- Manage numerous complex design projects from inception to
- Act as a mentor to Planner and Designer classifications, while
providing assistance, guidance and instruction to other team
- Supporting system emergencies as they arise.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience performing electrical utility
distribution service planning.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver's license. The preferred
- Experience with engineering principles, construction standards,
and industry practices.
- Experience using database systems for planning, ordering
materials and scheduling work orders.
- Experience using tariffs and resource books. Demonstrated
experience determining scope of work, method of service, and
construction methods for overhead and underground facilities.
- Experience preparing work orders or construction plans on
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be
customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to
clients' business needs.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients,
peers, management, and other work units.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to drive, traverse on uneven surfaces, occasionally lift
up to 40 lbs, sit/stand for extended periods of time, work in
various weather conditions, and possibly be in remote regions
(coast, desert, and mountain) for extended periods of time.
- Utility Planner Certification Cal Poly Pomona You should know
- This position's work mode is hybrid.The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days.Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California.Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position has an option for a 9/80 Alternate Work Schedule
or 40hrs/5 days a week. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides , for
the followingtest(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles
(Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these
assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this
position. About Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't
just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're
fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry,
and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with
cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and
reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow
personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern
California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our
differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Alhambra , Technical Planning Sr Specialist [HYBRID], IT / Software / Systems , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...