Raytheon's Intelligence & Space Hardware Engineering Center is
seeking a Principal RF Design Engineer to join the team in the
Space Systems RF & Communications Electronics department.
The person hired for this position will lead, mentor, and work
alongside a talented team towards the development, test, and
integration of new state-of-the-art systems for space application
that meets our customer's descriptions and requirements.
The Principal RF Design Engineer will be involved with the
technical design and product development of RF & Microwave
sub-systems, units and modules utilizing cutting edge technology
for space systems. The ideal candidate will be an RF subject matter
expert in the design and development of state-of-the-art
Receiver/Exciter, EW, communications, and other systems across
multiple platforms. Also required is extensive technical expertise
from concept through production of RF & Microwave hardware.
The ideal candidate will be capable of developing requirements
for subsystem, unit, and module products along with performing
allocations/architecture trades. Experience in architectural,
conceptual and hands-on design of Digital Receivers, Synthesizers,
A/D Converters is required.
The successful candidate will also be experienced in design,
analysis, simulations, development and testing of RF circuitry and
CCAs for Receiver/Exciter sub-systems. The candidate should be
capable of working effectively in a team environment while
providing cost effective solutions for customer needs. Design
experience with low band and high frequency circuitry ranging from
baseband to KU band and up to mmW is desired.
* Must have at least 8 years of related technical experience
with a Bachelor's Degree, or 6 years of experience with a Master's
* Hands on experience in the design, analysis, development,
bread-boarding, troubleshooting and testing of RF circuits.
Experience with the troubleshooting of complex RF systems, modules,
CCAs, and components.
* Knowledge and experience utilizing industry standard software
tools such as Keysight ADS and Genesys, Mentor Expedition, and
* Experience with ADS simulation using s-parameters, P2D file
modeling, harmonic balance, large signal S-parameter modeling of
components, modules, and units.
* Experience utilizing Matlab for the processing of measured and
simulation results including but not limited to frequency response
and time-domain processing.
* Experience with frequency plan design and analysis of spurious
* Experience designing and implementing test setups for RF
components, modules, and unit characterization including coherent
* Should be capable of flowing high level requirements down to
lower-level modules or components.
* Must be capable of developing new requirements for component
suppliers along with the generation supplier specification
* Must be able to perform supplier management for development of
new components and assemblies.
* Position requires an active SSBI, SCI, and/or TS clearance as
of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Project and small team leadership skills.
* Active SSBI clearance.
* Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace industries.
* Prior experience in RF electronics development for space
* A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related
technical discipline from an ABET accredited university.
* Master's degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or
related technical discipline.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.