Registered Cardiac Sonographer
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: July 10, 2021
Required: Minimum 2-years experience in
performing Echocardiograms. Candidates with less than two (2) years
of experience will be considered with AS Degree legal completion
and at least 6 months experience.
Echo Tech will perform procedures which includes EKGs &
Stress testing ( along with Stress Echo and Echo with
Performs a range of highly specialized cardiac ultrasound
investigations, utilizing a range of advanced techniques including
pulsed and continuous wave Doppler, color flow mapping and tissue
Produces tracings of heart electrical activity by setting-up
electrocardiography (ECG) equipment; attaching electrodes to chest
and equipment; operating and adjusting equipment; recording cardiac
data and measurements; protecting and helping patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs adult transthoracic, 2D-M mode Color flow doppler
echocardiograms, Pharmacological and Nuclear Stress Testing and
- Assists with transoesphageal( TEE) echocardiograms.
- Performs standard and complex measurements and techniques of
quantification, to an accurate and reproducible level.
Independently issues preliminary clinically-diagnostic findings in
a competent (highly specialized) professional standard.
- Prepares for examinations by checking Physician orders for
specific examinations, equipment and available supplies; reviewing
patient schedules; setting-up recording equipment; entering patient
information into system.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering
- Positions and applies electrodes and/or conductive gel as
- Connects leads from electrocardiograph, Echo or Stress
equipment to electrodes on specified body areas.
- Reviews patient's record and instructs patients prior to
- Monitors patient during procedures and reports any abnormal
- Identifies and corrects for wandering, interference, and
- Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis
- Maintains ECG, Echocardiography and Stress equipment and
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of program related to sonography with emphasis on
echocardiography or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Minimum 2-years experience in performing Echocardiograms.
Candidates with less than two (2) years of experience will be
considered with AS Degree legal completion and at least 6 months
- Credentialed with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical
Sonographers (ARDMS) as an Registered Diagnostic Cardiac
Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
(RDMS) required. Candidates that are Registered Cardiac
Sonographers (RCS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing
International (CCI) and have 5 years of experience performing
Cardiac Solography will be considered in lieu of ARDMS
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card (Upon hire or with
90 days of hire)
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Education and/or training related to areas of
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Alhambra , Registered Cardiac Sonographer, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!