Pharmacist - Transitions of Care
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Make a Difference in PharmacyWhen the work you do every single
day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort,
every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of
passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just
one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet
designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of
premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit,
acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located
in the heart of Los Angeles, California. - -The Department of
Pharmacy has over approximately 430 -staff members who provide
comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient
services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are
committed to the education and training of pharmacists,
students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care
professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy
and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and
student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every
successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the
PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200
student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was
recognized and bestowed "Site of the Year" awards by two major
affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional
experiential learning environment for their students.Do you work
well in a large team environment where critical thinking is
essential?The Pharmacist Transition of Care at Cedars-Sinai Medical
Center is responsible for the daily organization and supervision of
transitions of care medication management activities in their
areas, including but not limited to provision of clinical and drug
distribution services and other duties as assigned. -The employee
performs job duties with sensitivity to the patients' diverse
cultural backgrounds. The employee maintains competency skills to
identify medication safety concerns in the age related population
and institutes additional measures to provide a safe environment
with consideration to the developmental changes in the patient
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of
pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent
practice experienceLicense/Certification Requirements:
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist
Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code
Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and ProcedureExperience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and
biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug
products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or
other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to
fulfill the pharmacist's responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic
needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information
systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical
calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.
- Possess computer skills necessary to perform job
- Exceptions to be approved by the Chief Pharmacy Officer or
designee.Physical Demands: -(e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, occasional
sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds
for distances up to 10 feet. -
Working Title:Pharmacist - Transitions of Care
Department:Outpatient Services Pharmacy
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Pharmacist - Transitions of Care, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!