Department Specialist I
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: August 6, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role:
Responsible for supporting both Building 5 and Building 8
manufacturing operations by reviewing and creating batch records,
scheduling supplies and equipment, maintaining accurate inventory
levels using JDE, and collaborating and communicating with
manufacturing on the production schedule. Requires working directly
with manufacturing personnel and support groups such as finance,
engineering, maintenance, Technical Services, Quality and others as
needed, as well as direct interaction with vendors and other
outside suppliers/customers. How you will contribute:
- Generate, track, and review production documentation including
batch records and forms timely and accurately.
- Work closely with Production Schedulers to ensure documentation
and components for scheduled lots are available for production
- Utilize JDE to ensure inventory levels are accurate and
- Utilize JDE and PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) Equipment to
pull and deliver raw materials to manufacturing.
- Order components and supplies for production use as
- Utilize JDE to generate work orders and track its status.
- Utilize production software applications for use in production
- Participate on Continuous Improvement teams and support the
implementation of continuous improvement tools in the area, such as
visual management and standard work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and
understanding of cGMP regulations.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written
- Math and computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office
programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
- Experience using JDE and Delta V or similar systems.
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision,
prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Must be safety oriented
- Ability to operate PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) Equipment is
- Detail oriented and effectively organize documentation for
- Must be able to independently recommend and suggest
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively and efficiently
in a team environment What you bring to Takeda:
- High School diploma or GED 2+ years of experience or AA or
higher and 1+ years of relatedwork experience.
- Specialized knowledge in biopharmaceutical industry a
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring
special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements
and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial
fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions. What Takeda
can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world. Empowering our people
to shine: Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO
applicants EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law. Locations USA - CA - Los Angeles
Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Alhambra , Department Specialist I, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!