Licensed Optician - General Manager - Bilingual
Company: America's Best
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Company DescriptionAmerica's Best is part of National Vision,
one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the
United States. The America's Best brand continues to grow, with 800
stores and counting. Each location combines both parts of the
optical equation - eyewear and eye care - into one excellent
experience at a single low priceFor more details about America's
Best, visit AmericasBest.com.At National Vision, we believe
everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help
people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and
accessible.By overseeing the daily operations of our stores,
including personnel management and inventory control, our General
Managers keep customers coming back by providing a positive
experience from start to finish - and keeping associates happy,
too.How would you like to be off on Sundays? Yes, every Sunday we
are closed.Job DescriptionWhat would you do? - The Specifics
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest
level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to District Manager and
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Hire, supervise and train all store associates.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with
the doctor, other National Vision associates and
customers.Qualifications Are you the right fit? - The Suitable
- Fluent in reading and speaking both English and Spanish.
- ABO Certification required.
- Obtain/Maintain license as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient computer skills.Additional InformationTaking care of
our peopleWe understand the importance of financial health and
security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation
to all Associates - including bonus potential for every position in
the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including
health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company
match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company
holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much
more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for
professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide
training programs, access to educational courses and pride
ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from
within.Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn
more.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information,
disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: America's Best, Alhambra , Licensed Optician - General Manager - Bilingual, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!