Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Post Partum - 12 Hours Days
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Do you want to make a difference for new families?When the work
you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of
others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This
shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through
Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved
our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence.
From working with a team of extraordinary healthcare professionals
to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything
necessary to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others.
Join us and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one
of America's Best Hospitals.Pregnancy is a life-changing experience
that's different for every woman. And Cedars-Sinai takes our
patients' needs personally. From prenatal testing to childbirth
classes and lactation services, moms and newborns can expect the
highest level of attention and care from our dedicated team. With
our outstanding facilities, medical professionals and
state-of-the-art resources for high-risk or complicated
pregnancies, more women choose to have their babies here than at
any other hospital in Los Angeles.As a Registered Nurse in
- Provides and documents direct and indirect patient care
services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and
protection of patients.
- Educates patients on disease prevention and restorative
- Administers medications and therapeutic agents necessary to
implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan
- Performs/Assists procedures and diagnostic tests
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications, general behavior, and/or general physical
- Assesses signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general
appearance to determine normal versus abnormal
- Plans and implements care based on observations.
- Implements appropriate reporting, referrals, and care in
accordance with standardized procedures.
- Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with
diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Identifies patient's readiness for learning and ability to
understand instructions and give consent.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to
age and developmental considerations.
- Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates
effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Delegate duties to non-licensed personnel as appropriate and
within scope of practice - -Per Diem staff must consistently meet
the following work requirements. -
- A minimum of 2 days per pay period is required.
- Be available to work the number of hours or shifts agreed upon
with the Executive Director / Associate Director / Supervisor.
- When agreed upon shifts are self-canceled, the work commitment
must be met by working another day(s) in the pay period.
- Work a minimum of three (3) weekend shifts per 6 week schedule
(exception: Ambulatory / Outpatient Clinics).
- Per Diem staff working 144 or more hours per time schedule will
work a minimum of four (4) weekend shifts per schedule.
- If Per Diem staff fails to meet their weekend commitment, a
letter of "self-termination" by failing to meet the time commitment
will be sent.
- Be available to work two (2) of the six national holidays one
must include Christmas or New Year's.
- The holiday commitments will include the holiday eves as the
- Be available to rotate shifts as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN
- Current California State RN License required
- BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- A minimum of 1 year of nursing experience in Postpartum
Working Title: Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Post Partum - 12 Hours
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Post Partum - 12 Hours Days, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!