Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Make a difference every single dayWhen the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's
just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive
Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team
of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others! Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!4South is our 63-bed, Oncology/Cellular Therapy/Hospice
unit providing quality care to patients with medical diagnoses such
as pneumonia, rule out tuberculosis, sepsis, sickle cell anemia,
cancer and palliative care. Patient care needs are identified
through interdisciplinary assessments, team care planning, and a
patient classification system. A multi-disciplinary approach is
used throughout the continuum of service with a special focus on
pain management, medications, self-care, nutrition, and education.
The team also provides special procedures including chemotherapy
administration and monitoring, pain management, metabolic support,
patient and caregiver education and support and, palliative care.
We also provide quality care to patients undergoing chemotherapy,
surgery, and radiation and for patients with leukemia, lymphoma,
and multiple myeloma stem cell/bone marrow transplantation (BMT).
We also have medical and telemetry patients and nurses are trained
for various research protocols as they administer the medication
for the research study.As a Registered Nurse on 4South, you are
responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing
process and the delivery of patient care for the specialty patient
population. You will also
- provide and accurately document direct and indirect patient
care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene,
and protection of patients in a timely manner
- provide patient education on disease prevention and restorative
- provide administration of medications and therapeutic agents
necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or
rehabilitative plan of care.
- perform skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the
initiation of peripheral venous access.
- observe and assess signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to
medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical
condition to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics and
initiate emergency procedures when indicated.
- plan and implement individualized patient care based on
observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care
in accordance with standardized procedures while providing care to
special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural
- identify patients' readiness for learning and their ability to
follow directions/instructions and give consent while identifying
and assessing patient safety concerns with respect to age and
- demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to identify and make
special adjustments as required to the specific populations' needs,
including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication,
gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and
condition needs.This position is eligible for an Employee Referral
Program bonus. See website for details:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher
- Current California State RN License required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced
Cardiac Life Support certification.
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy certification preferred.
Must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- For RN III: Specialty Certification (external applicants may
obtain within one year of hire)Experience:
- Minimum 3 years recent acute RN experience in specialty. Note:
(minimum 1 year recent acute RN experience will be considered for
Registered Nurse II)
- Working knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates a dedication to customer service and an ability to
meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol for Clinical Nurse
Working Title: Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights -
$10,000 Hiring Incentive!
Department: 4SE Oncology
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Alhambra , Registered Nurse - 4S Oncology - 12hr Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!