OR TECH GI TECH
Company: Alhambra Hospital Medical Center
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Work alongside surgeons, surgical assistants, nurses, and
anesthesiologists during medical procedures. A ssist in ensuring
that the operating room environment is safe, equipment functions
properly, and that the operative procedure is performed under
conditions that maximize patient safety.
Perform various functions providing patients with necessary care
and support required prior to surgery, as well as rendering
assistance to the surgeon during surgery. Major tasks, duties, and
responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in cutting sutures, and keep track of items like sponges
and needles; operate lights used during surgical procedures
- Assist in dressing patients' wounds
- Clean the OR after a surgical procedure in preparation for the
- Collect and label specimens taken during surgery
- Prepare and secure all supplies required for surgical
- Prepare and maintain sterile field in OR
- Carryout instrument counts before the commencement of each
surgical procedure and prior to culmination of procedure
- Assist in monitoring patients during surgical procedures and
observe their status
- Provide supportive pre-operative patient care
- Provide surgical scrub on all procedures, including minor and
- Adhere to all departmental, state, and federal safety
- Possess manual dexterity to transport patients in and out of
the Operating Room prior to and after surgical procedures. Able to
move 50lbs without assistance. Requirements
- Certification: A surgical technician certification from an
accredited school or training program. BLS provider
- Knowledge: Previous clinical experience in Operating Room (OR)
and GI Endoscopy environment. Familiarity with all surgical
instruments and equipment; and a working knowledge of sterile
techniques and aseptic procedures are required
- Knowledgeable in utilizing sterile and aseptic techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and the
ability to utilize tools and technologies that would facilitate the
physicians' performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic
- Physical dexterity: The surgical technician must be energetic
and able to lift 50lbs.
- Knowledge of equipment function sufficient to be able to
determine operational adequacy and to distinguish between operator
error and equipment malfunction.
- Knowledge of applicable sanitary, infection control, and safety
standards sufficient to be able to perform all assignments within
the safety parameters.
- Knowledge of processes, procedures, quality assurance,
chemicals and medical instruments sufficient to be able to
decontaminate and sterilize equipment, supplies and instruments,
including reprocessing of flexible endoscopes.
- Is able to perform bending, lifting, and washing using
decontamination processes, which will include instrument pans,
bins, trays, and carts of various sizes.
- Ability to lift and move trays of instruments and patient care
equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Assist with transporting a patient back to his or her room at
the completion of a surgical procedure.
- Familiarity with ordering/requesting surgical supplies.
Keywords: Alhambra Hospital Medical Center, Alhambra , OR TECH GI TECH, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...