Sr Specialist, Systems Engineering (GPS)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Description: Job Title: Sr Specialist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS22
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Schedule: 4/10 or 9/80 with every other Friday off
As a key Member of the Engineering Technical Team, this position is
responsible for the planning, development, design, implementation,
and test for Systems Engineering focusing on Global Positioning
System (GPS) receiver systems development including Modeling and
Simulation (M&S), Communications/Signal Processing, and Systems
Analysis for real-time HW/SW applications on Position, Navigation,
Timing (PNT) Department of Defense (DoD) programs. Must be able to
work closely with customers and other engineering disciplines. This
position has great opportunities to advance state of the art
technology and create new products.
- Provide algorithm development, modeling, system simulation,
detailed implementation, investigations, and verification on
military GPS receivers and PNT systems.
- Execute design, build, integration and test activities, problem
resolution and verify that the deliverable products meet all
program and customer requirements.
- Provide innovative Systems Engineering solutions consistent
with business development plans.
- Provide project management reports as required, support senior
level reviews as necessary.
- Provide input and reviews of the engineering technical baseline
as part of proposal efforts.
- Interface with the program's leadership and other engineering
teams on a frequent basis, conduct or participate in customer
and/or program technical review presentations, and provide progress
status updates on work products.
- Participate in the product development process including design
- Work closely with the customer, subcontractors, and other
engineering disciplines, and meet customer deliveries.
- Must possess or have potential to obtain an Active DoD SECRET
or higher security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in science, Technology, Engineering, or
Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline and a minimum of 6 years
of prior related. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of
prior related experience.
- Experience in MATLAB and Simulink (1 year minimum).
- Experience in developing GPS receiver systems (1 year
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Broad and practical experience in GPS systems and GPS
receivers, M-code, Anti-Jam (AJ)/Anti-Spoof (AS) and Tracking
design a plus.
- Experience in Communications and Signal Processing desired (5
- Experience in Digital Receiver design, particularly spread
spectrum signals desired (2 years +).
- Work effectively in both independent and team
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation
communication skills. In compliance with pay transparency
requirements, the salary range for this role is $100,000 -
$186,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as
final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not
limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers
a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance,
401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education
assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid
holidays. The specific programs and options available to an
employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the
applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Alhambra , Sr Specialist, Systems Engineering (GPS), Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!