Chart Retrieval Specialist
Company: Episource, LLC.
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Episource is a leading provider of risk-adjustment services,
software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
You're computer-savvy, quick to learn various software applications
and a problem-solver - bring your ambitious team-player outlook to
a flourishing organization as a Chart Retrieval Specialist.
What will you do as a Chart Retrieval Specialist at Episource?
You'll retrieve medical records from various healthcare facilities
on behalf of health plans and other clients for retrospective and
- Experience hands-on fieldwork. Travel to provider offices
within a 40-mile radius, retrieve paper and electronic medical
charts and upload them into our secure system. (Episource's coding
team then reviews and analyzes the charts.)
- You won't report to an Episource office after the day is
completed. Have anything left to submit at the end day? Do it from
the comfort of your home.
- New to risk adjustment? We provide two days of remote paid
training. Train virtually from home!
- We pay hourly. Reimbursement starts at mile one and includes
in-between travel locations.
- Episource supplies the work equipment. We provide a
password-protected laptop, a scanner, and flash drives equipped in
a convenient backpack with handles & wheels for easy handling.
What you'll love about working as a Chart Retrieval Specialist at
- Episource offers a monthly internet allowance.
- Gain hands-on EHR experience.
- Expand your healthcare industry experience.
- Work independently while collaborating with fellow Episource
Chart Retrieval Specialists and your Team Lead.
- Experience a change of scenery, travel to various healthcare
offices, and meet new people.
Computer skills you will bring to the Expert Teams at
- Know how to download / upload files and store them in an
- Ability to transfer files from software to a desktop
- Know how to copy and paste files, i.e., transfer files to a
- Document imaging or scanning experience is a plus
How will you qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or GED
- A valid driver's license
- Insurance/liability policy in the team member's name
- Reliable and secure internet with the ability to download 50
Mbps and upload 5 Mbps
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm availability: Your
schedule could include working three or more consecutive days
depending on the project
- Basic navigational knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR)
applications such as (but not limited to) Epic, Allscripts,
eClinical Works, Nextgen, etc., is a plus
Here are the physical requirements for performing the Charter
Retrieval Specialist role:
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds at any given time safely and
efficiently without putting your back and other muscles at
- The ability to use telephone or headset equipment in two-way
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity,
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member
experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values
daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and
applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding
services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers.
Today, we are an end-to-end enterprise for risk adjustment
solutions. We've grown by learning and listening to our customers.
Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration.
Our goal is to always provide exceptional service and experiences.
And now, 15 years later, we are a platform company - delivering
insights and interventions using superior technology, workflows,
Salary Range (or rate): $20/hour
We base pay on several factors, including but not limited to
education, work experience, certifications, location, and other
relevant factors. This is Episource's good faith and reasonable
estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Episource is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Episource is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Episource, LLC., Alhambra , Chart Retrieval Specialist, Other , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!