PC Desktop Support Analyst
Company: AHMC Healthcare
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:The PC Desktop Support Analyst will assist with
performing the daily operational activities, providing front-line
technical services. Responsibilities of the PC Desktop Support
Analyst includes triaging, diagnosing, and investigating
incidents/services requests, resolving incidents/service when
possible, escalating tickets when appropriate, coordinating
communications between team members and customer, closing resolved
incidents/requests, and ensuring thorough documentation of relevant
details including the steps taken during investigation and
resolution. The PC Desktop Support Analyst will assist with
maintaining, analyzing, repairing, and performing upgrades to
computer systems, telecommunication devices, printers, fax
machines, mobile devices, and other peripherals managed by the
department while ensuring optional performance. The PC Desktop
Support Analyst will also assist with maintaining the services
management and asset management systems, including generating
reports to allow continuous improvement to the delivery of IT
support services. The PC Desktop Support Analyst stays abreast of
information technology, provides opinions on emerging technologies,
and aids in practically adopting technology and incorporating it
into existing systems and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for service operations process, with emphasis on
incident/request management and problem management; ensures that IT
incidents and service request are resolved in accordance with
service level targets and meets customer expectations; provides
solutions while investigating problems to help minimize the impact
of IT incidents.
- Executes incident management processes, including analyzing,
diagnosing, and resolving hardware and software issues; maintains,
analyzes, repairs, and performs upgrades to resolve incidents
involving computer systems, telecommunication devices, printers,
fax machines, mobile devices, and other peripherals managed by the
- Executes access management and request fulfillment processes,
reviewing requests to ensure adherence to established policies and
procedures, communicates with customers to set expectations,
provides recommendations and obtains necessary approvals prior to
fulfillment or escalation.
- Escalates incidents and service requests to other support teams
members and vendor resources as issues, risks, and/or permission
limitations are identified.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills while
working well both independently and in collaborating with others to
complete assignments to meet deadlines, delivering quality results,
and following policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly communicates progress and information with customers
and team members in the form of verbal and written communication,
including capturing in services management systems the details of
the incident/request, steps taken during investigation, and method
- Monitors and participates in end-user support and education of
- Participates in efforts to review business needs, evaluate and
identify solutions, engage in activities to upgrade or deploy new
technology, and update services catalogue and define service levels
when new services are supported.
- Maintains services management and asset management systems;
reviews system usage to ensure adherence to service operation
processes; coordinates efforts to ensure accuracy of asset
management system; develops and carries out training plans to
promote consistency of data capture.
- Assists with the review of service operations by creating,
analyzing, and distributing reports generated from service
management and asset management systems.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with
coworkers and customers.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and
ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with
- Provides exceptional customer service in person, on the phone,
or via email as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
- Attends and participates in meetings, committees, and training
sessions as directed by the Director of Information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including flexibility to
provide on call support.
- Abide by AHMC Code of Conduct and HIPAA compliance.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Help desk experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Windows, Windows Services,
Remote Desktop, Active Directory and Exchange, printer/peripheral
device troubleshooting, and support for mobile devices and
- Knowledge in the area of PC hardware and components, including
desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, and other peripherals
that connect to these devices.
- Familiar with PCs, related software, and operating
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues and
conducting/troubleshooting system diagnostics.
- Experience developing and deploying PC images and application
- Experience with service management and asset management system
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written
- Must have the ability to speak, interpret and follow verbal and
written instructions in English.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.Facility:
Corporate Office Req ID: req4455 Shift: Days Category: Information
Technology Position Type: Regular Full-Time Department:
Keywords: AHMC Healthcare, Alhambra , PC Desktop Support Analyst, Professions , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!