Corporate Supply Chain Supervisor
Company: AHMC Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Primary FunctionThe Corporate Supply Chain Supervisor
coordinates and is responsible to oversee and manage the daily
operational activities of the Buyer and Expediters in managing the
processing orders for various supplies, equipment, and services.
The Corporate Supply Chain Supervisor oversee the activities of the
buyers throughout the AHMC system to ensure that economies of scale
are obtained through vendor sources. The position ensures
procurement of capital purchases and various supplies and services
requested by each facility according to policy.Accountability
- Develops policies and procedures and guides activities towards
the attainment of materials and equipment from reliable sources, in
sufficient quantities and at minimum costs; works with department
heads and other hospital personnel facilitating supply and capital
- Manages Purchasing activities such as value analysis,
purchasing research, buying, expediting, product specification, bid
analysis, contract negotiations for supplies and services, and the
maintenance of appropriate records and files.
- Assists with monitoring contract expiration dates, run monthly
reports for review with Director-e.g. hospital spend, cycle counts,
- Acts as a resource to department personnel and other hospital
departments and to Buyers; assists departments with securing
alternative supplies, equipment and services, as needed, when
unavailable through primary vendors.
- Audit contract pricing, validate AHMC is receiving the correct
pricing on all invoice discrepancies.
- Manage the corporate Buyers and Expediters daily ordering
activities (product backorders, product alternatives).
- Assists the Director of Corporate Supply Chain on cost saving
product and service projects.
- Performs other related duties as requested and/or required by
the Director of Corporate Supply Chain.Qualifications
- Bachelors (BS or BA) degree in a field of study related to this
position preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years progressive materials management
experience in a healthcare environment
- Proficiency with purchasing and word processing systems (MS
- Knowledge of current materials management technology, practices
and information systems
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective negotiating skills
with emphasis in contract terminology and legal requirement
- Excellent organization, communication, and judgement
- Ability to follow through and troubleshoot
- Critical thinking skillsiCIMS Assigned Requisition ID: req13266
Facility Name: Corporate Office Shift: Days External Company Name:
AHMC Healthcare Street: 1000 Fremont Ave
Keywords: AHMC Healthcare, Alhambra , Corporate Supply Chain Supervisor, Professions , Alhambra, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!